How Do We Do What We Do...
All chiropractors are unique. Although we all address the spine with our craft, we do not work all the same.
Are you after a particular technique that your/friend's chiropractor used? Are you concerned about the thought of your bones clicking and popping? Are you aware that there is more than one way to adjust someone besides making their spine 'crack'?
Our Chiropractors utilise safe and gentle chiropractic techniques, and attend regular seminars and workshops to ensure that their knowledge and skills are current and up-to-date. That means that you receive the best chiropractic care possible.
Chiropractors use different ways of analysing spinal subluxations and delivering the chiropractic adjustment. We are often asked if we know a certain technique: whether for its method of analysis or mode of delivering the adjustment. Below are some of the chiropractic techniques that we employ in our office:
- Diversified: Traditional manual delivery of chiropractic adjustments using hands, specific positioning of the patient and the delivery of a short, sharp thrust. This is the most common method of delivering chiropractic adjustments in the world.
- Gonstead: The delivery method of the Gonstead technique is similar to Diversified. Our chiropractors limit the use of the Gonstead method of analysing the spine.
- Activator: Commonly referred to as 'the Clicker-gun', we use the Activator to provide gentle, low-force adjustments.
- Sacro-Occipital Technique (SOT): Both a method of analysing brain-body function and delivering chiropractic adjustments, SOT utilises gentle, low-force chiropractic adjustments using bio-mechanical blocks/wedges under the pelvis to help stabilise spinal function.
- Thompson Drop-piece: This gentle, low-force method of adjusting utilises the specially-designed drop sections of our leather-bound tables to restore stability and proper motion.
- Impulse Adjusting System: Commonly referred in our office as 'the adjusting gun', this instrument delivers short, rapid, controlled thrusts into the spine using rubber-tipped attachments. It can address both spinal subluxations and tight, tense muscles.
Our approach is centred on the most important person in the world: YOU.
Every person who enters our office and seeks our help is unique. People come in to our office with differing ailments, backgrounds, histories, agendas and goals. Our Chiropractors' job is to:
- Help make sense of our patients' complaints and condition,
- Provide easy to understand explanations and analysis, without medical jargon,
- Advise on the care needed,
- Assist in setting meaningful goals and creating strategies to achieving them.
With this approach, we believe that we empower our clients to take control of their health and restore their faith in their body's ability to be healthy. At Point Cook Chiropractic, the ball is always in your court.
Ready to make an appointment? Call us on 9394 8888 or click here to book online!