Our Team has put together a little cookbook for you to enjoy and have a sneak peak into our everyday diet!
Dr. Alfie’s Meal
Broccoli & Ranch Dressing: If you’ve never tried it, you’re missing out. Fresh, crunchy broccoli with the tanginess of ranch. So tasty and so good for you!
– 1 Head of Broccoli
– Ranch Dressing
Method: Cut the little heads of the broccoli, rinse and set aside. Squeeze the desired amount of Ranch Dressing into a bowl. Dip the little heads of broccoli into the dressing and enjoy!
Garlic Butter Salmon: For a tasty, healthy and quick to prepare kind of dinner, this grilled salmon is sure to knock your socks off!
– 2 Slices of Salmon (with or without skin)
– 3 Garlic Cloves
– 1 lemon sliced
– Garlic Powder
– 250g of butter
1. Preheat your oven to 180º fan forced
2. Rinse Salmon Slices and coat in Garlic Powder
3. Squeeze lemon onto salmon to soak
4. Add chopped garlic into the bowl and let it sit for 10min
5. Cover a pan with aluminium foil and place your salmon on
6. Make small slices of butter to place on top of salmon and around it
7. Cover with Aluminium foil and grill for 7-10min
8. Enjoy with a fresh salad or with a light serving of rice!
Dr. Helena’s Meal:
The Perfect Bento Box: It’s only perfect if you have the perfect mix of every tasty texture! Here’s what Helena puts in her bento snack box!
– DIPPABLE: Hummus
– CRUNCH: Tortilla Chips
– FRUIT: Apple Slices
– VEGGIE: Baby Carrots
– TREAT: Chewy Bar
1. Place your dippable items in their own separate containers with lids
2. Throw one item from each category into different snack boxes.
3. Store in the fridge, then grab-and-go for everyday of the school or work week!
Everything-but-the-kitchen-sink Omelette: An easy way to squeeze some extra vegetables into your diet is with a simple omelette. This is my favourite way to cook my eggs because you can use virtually anything including leftover veggies in your fridge and it’ll still taste delicious!
– 2 Eggs
– 1 sliced Tomato
– Fresh Spinach
– 1 Spring Onion
– 1 Clove of Garlic Ham or Bacon
– Half an avocado sliced
– Dried or Fresh Basil
– Cheese of your choice (I prefer dodoni feta or goat’s cheese)
– Salt & Pepper
1. Chop up all of your ingredients
2. Whisk up eggs with basil, salt & pepper
3. Heat pan and fry onion and garlic
4. Spread tomato, avocado and ham/bacon evenly in the pan
5. Pour egg mixture into pan to cover
6. Sprinkle cheese and spinach on top
7. Cover pan until cooked
8. Enjoy with Toast or on its own!
Peanut Butter Acai Smoothie: Breakfast, lunch, mid-day drink, you name it! Whether you are looking for something sweet and healthy or need a quick on-the-go feed, Acai smoothies tick both boxes!
– Frozen Acai Berries
– 1 Ripe Banana
– 3-5 Strawberries
– 1 heaped tbsp
– Peanut Butter
– 1 scoop Chia Seeds
– 2 tbsp Rolled Oats
– ⅕ of coconut water into the blending cup
1. Add everything in and BLEND!
2. Transfer into a large glass!
3. Drink with a metal straw!
! I purchase 2 containers of strawberries and blend them with a bit of coconut water to freeze.
! When I make my smoothies, I add a cube or two to make the smoothie thicker and cooler for a warm day!
! Sometimes I add more than a teaspoon of Peanut Butter to sweeten the smoothie.
Mexican inspired burrito bowl: This colourful meal is packed full of protein and nutrients, perfect for a busy lunch at work or a winding down dinner.
– Chicken breast, cubed
– Mexican seasoning
– Cos lettuce
– Canned Corn
– Sour Cream
– Shredded Cheese
1. Season chicken with Mexican seasoning and cook thoroughly
2. Slice and dice salads to your preferred sizes
3. Combine salads, chicken, sour cream and cheese in a bowl Enjoy!
! Can be enjoyed as a warm or cold salad
! If you are after something a bit more filling – transfer your burrito bowl into a wrap
! Add some fresh chilli into your chicken seasoning for a bit of extra kick
An Asian Aussie Breakfast: To add some extra flavour to your breakfast, try this recipe for a more asian flavoured meal to start your day!
– 1 Avocado
– 2 slices of bread
– Mini Sausages
– Sliced Cucumber
– Egg Mayo Spread
– Japanese Soya Sauce
1. Fry mini sausages in a frying pan and set aside.
2. Toast 2 slices of bread, add an egg mayo spread and avocado slices and set aside.
3. Slice cucumber, drizzle japanese soya sauce and set aside.
4. Fry some scrambled eggs and place them on the side of your plate.
5. Enjoy together!